Well, now that Beck is feeling better I'm determined to get him on a schedule and out of my bedroom. Today is the start of him sleeping in his crib. However, I'm super nervous how tonight will go. He's not been sleeping well (because he's been sick) but we've stuck to his eating schedule so there's no reason why he should be getting up at night. So my question to you all is this...do you have any before bed routines that have worked with your infants? I'm open to anything. As of now we're going to go with the eat, play, bath, eat, bed/cry it out routine. But I'd love to know any other tricks that may have worked for you all.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Any Ideas Would Help
Posted by The Brown Family at 7:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Wow, do I have advice on this topic. When Casen was born we let him sleep with us every night, what a mistake. My dr. told me with Jace to let him get used to falling asleep by him self in his own bed. We have done this from the time Jace was born. We get him in him pjs and lay him in his crib wide awake. He goes to bed himself, without crying. It has been so nice. Once they learn to do this it is amazing how well they sleep.
Hey there! Well, I dont' have any special way with Adelin but with Easton, I brush his teeth, read a book, say prayers and then he's off to bed.
I didn't know you like JT! He's one of my favorite singers (his clean music). I guess he's building a house here in St.George! Cool hu!
Wow I 100% agree, nothing better! I think as long as you have a good daytime routine, it can show in the night. It is just a matter of them learning to fall asleep on their own. I think your on the right path! Good luck!
I've found that Max tends to sleep much better if I give him a nice spanking right before we put him down.
Hey Laura - Glad to know Beckham is feeling better! Nothing is worse than a sick little man. Night time routine with Enoch, like the Johnson family said, he really needs to be put in his crib when he's awake. Not so much wide awake but a little on the drowsy side. If he had get himself to sleep, he will grow into a fantastic sleeper. We did have a few nights where Enoch cried for 45 minutes but we would just check on him to make sure he wasn't in pain or anything. I did find that nursing Enoch when he first woke up, instead of nursing to sleep, worked wonders for the night sleeping too. :D Good luck! Find Beckham's groove and run with it.
First of all, please excuse my husband. He thinks he is hilarious. I saw him laughing at himself while he was posting this last night.
Anyway, I just have to say ditto to the above noted. Putting him in his crib drowsy, but awake is the best way to get good sleeping habits, I believe. And since he's used to knowing you are near he will probably have to cry it out for a few nights...or several...depending on how stubborn he is. Just make sure you watch the clock when he starts crying because even 5 min can feel like and hour. But as long as he's fed, changed, healthy (which that is coming around) you can be confident he is just protesting. Not that I am putting any of my expert knowledge to good use with my own infant, Perry's all over the place, but that's what we did with Max...feed, bath, song and crib starting the routine as early as 6:30 some nights and as late as 8, depending on when he was ready.
Well I think that everyone has said it... I just started it with Devery and the first couple night were HELL but she is doing great now!! It is so weird how different two kids can be. She is night and day from Ava.
Post a Comment