Better late than never right!!
From start to finish here goes the story...
Went into the hospital at 7:30am on Feb 4th. Did the usual paper work, got sent to the wrong room, was told to change and meet what wasn't my nurse. My actual nurse came and found us and took us to the right room stating that "the hospital gets really mad when we loose people like that" haha. So we get to the right room, get asked all the many questions they ask while the nurse is taking my blood and putting in my IV. By this time it's about 8:30am. My doctor, Dr. Yamashiro (Yama), comes in and checks me (I was at a 3) and then breaks my water. He then gives the ok for the nurse to start my PIT drip. It is now 9am and everything is a go. On the way out Yama states that we'll most likely be eating lunch around 1pm while holding our new baby. This news made me excited, but gave false hope. By about 11am my contractions started to pile up on top of each other and became painful, so I asked for my epidural. Once the epidural was in I was told to let the docs know if I was having any of the weird symptoms that they had mentioned to me while it was being put in. I told them that I'd never had any issues before so I wasn't worried about it. Wrong! About 2 minutes after being given the first dose of meds I went super hypotensive. My blood pressure dropped to 55 over 32...not good. Took tons of fluid and a lot of additional meds to get my blood pressure back up to an ok range, but it wouldn't return to semi normal until the day I left the hospital. Moving on... 1pm rolls around and I'm only to a 4, bummer. My contractions aren't even showing up on the monitor, so they put in an internal monitor. Still not much action happening. My contractions at most are coming in at 40-45 in strength and they needed to be above 50 for the docs to be happy with my progress. They keep upping my PIT drip. Normal amount given from the PIT is 20mg...by the end of this I was up to 30mg. At about 3pm or so the nurse is getting tired of waiting she says...join the club I say....so she checks me and I'm almost at a 6. So she does a little "magic" to get things stretched and moving. An hour and 45 min later and I'm at a 10...YAHOO!! Yama is called and it feels like forever before he gets to the hospital. Yama and Steve get all suited up and we're ready to go. I pushed for about 15 minutes and by 5:16pm Will was here :o) Steve was able to deliver Will, with help from Yama, and not knowing whether we were getting a boy or a girl made everything a little more fun (if you can call it that). Will was 6lbs 15 oz (my biggest baby) and 18 1/2 inches long (my shortest baby). He came out wide eyed and peeing everywhere! Before they took him to clean him off I think I got peed on at least 3 times, haha!!
We are so happy to have him in our family. He's truly been an angel baby....eats really well, sleeps even better (anywhere from 5-7 hours straight at night) and only seems to cry when he's got to poo, needs to eat or is having his diaper changed. He's such a love-bug and I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for sending him to us.
Steve and Yama being gowned-up
Yama, Steve and my mom....all messin' around making jokes while I'm in bed thinking "can we please get on with this"
My AMAZING nurse and the last time I think I smile until after Will was born, haha
And he's here, huge lips and all....William James Brown :o)
First loves from mom after he was born
My big, little man
Steve helpin' out
The whole crew. So, so thankful for such a wonderful doctor and a great nurse. They made everything so much easier. If anyone out there is looking for a great doc....Yama is the guy to see!


8 comments:
Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys and he is beautiful-even all scrunchy and new! I hope your recovery is quick and that you enjoy your little one. Can't wait to be joining you soon...only 10 1/2 weeks, but who's counting? :)
I had Yama when I was preg. with Allie. He is the best. I would definately see him again. I wish he was here or I was there during this pregnancy.
Congrats...such a fun story! Can't believe Steve got to help deliver- that's fun!
Congrats LO, I was actually thinkin about you the other day thinking if you'd had your baby yet! so exciting!! crazy delivery story... I wonder what "magic" doc did to you! looks like it worked!!!
Laura, he's beautiful. :D What a great story. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear he's a good baby. He's just perfect! :D Congrats again.
Yama is the guy to see, for sure!!! You're lucky he wasn't in Africa for the delivery. I think he's there now. That would suck!!!
Anyway, congrats! What a story. I'm so glad that everything went well (for the most part) and that both of you are happy and healthy!
Will is so cute! Seeing the pictures makes me want to have mine right now.. or at least time travel to my due date. I can't wait!!!
PS- Will is a great name!! That's what we're naming our little one. Great minds think alike, I guess.
That is great Steve got to help deliver... Ha got to do that with Tess too right?
I am cracking up that he told you you'd be eating lunch holding him...not so much huh? lol Good work Laur!
Post a Comment