Since day one, Beckham has always favored laying his head to the left (if your looking at him). This has just recently caused some issues for him (more so me). I've been noticing more and more that the back, right side of his cute head is becoming flat. Now, most babies get a flat spot on the back of their head because they are always laying down. But, like I mentioned, Becks is only flat on the back right portion of his head. So, after talking myself in and out of how concerned I should be I took him to the doctor. She noticed right away the difference between the two sides of his head and the fact that no matter his position...laying flat, being held or on his tummy, he always favored looking to his right. I was SO worried that she was going to tell me he needed a helmet. But she said that he is most likely going to need physical therapy because the muscles in his neck on the one side are not fully developed, as he has only favored looking and laying one direction. So my little man starts his therapy evaluations next week. We have two appts. set up for Wed. and Fri. where someone will come to our house and play with Beckham and evaluate his movement and what not. Then when we get back from UT we'll start weekly physical therapy sessions (in our home) until his little neck is doing what it should. The hope is that by fixing his neck the flat spot on his head will fix itself. My fingers are crossed! I'll keep you all posted.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Flat Head
Just some pictures that show his cute little head
Posted by The Brown Family at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
That is crazy! that is something that I don't think that I would have picked up on. Good job mommy!!!
That is great that you took him in to the dr. when you did. This way he can start PT now and the problem will resolve quicker.
PS...It is also great that they come to the house for each session.
Awe...physical therapy for a baby! that is cute and sad at the same time. I am glad they (or you) caught it so that hopefully it can be fixed easily. He is still so cute!
Glad to know how observant you are. Beckham couldn't be in better hands!
Poor Beckham!!! I have a friend whose sister's little girl had the same thing and she also had to have physical therapy! Good for you to pick up on it so quickly!
I think that picture of Beckham sleeping is so sweet! Good luck with all of the physical therapy. My friends baby had to have PT for similar reasons and she said it worked wonderfully! I just love love love modern medicine!
crazy! Um he is looking more like you I think!! I hope that I can notice things like that!
I would have never guessed! I hope I can be HALF the mom you're! I have had several friends in the same situation and luckily it all turned out!
Yeah for not having to wear a helmet! He's such a cutie pie, and such a great baby!!
Post a Comment