Friday, January 7, 2011

We're still here

So, it's been FOREVER since I've posted. There feels like there's been a lot going on, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what has taken up all my time. So, I'm just gonna give a run down of last year and make a promise to make at least one blog post a month in 2011. Here goes...

We started off our year (2010) with Steve being busier than ever doing rotations for his last year of school. It was rough, he wasn't around a lot and I was 8 months pregnant.
In February we welcomed Will into our lives and have loved every minute he's been in our family. Even though he has been the hardest baby we've had yet, haha. Will turns 1 in a few weeks and I can't believe how fast time has flown by.
March came and with it a contract on our very first home. It felt like such a grown up moment for us! And we can't believe that it all worked out.
Come May it was time for Steve's graduation from Pharmacy school. He and I and Will flew out to Erie, PA and were joined by Steve's parents and brother, Wayne. It was such a great week. What an accomplishment for Steve and our family!
June brought a new job for Steve. Working as a pharmacist at Harmon's grocery store. And the closing off and moving into of our new home. There aren't many things in my life where every time I look at them or think of them, I repeat to myself how grateful I am for it/them...but our home for sure makes that list.
Our summer brought a lot of fun! Lots of swimming and family time. Steve got/killed his first dear during the bow hunt in August. And Gracie, our kitty, joined our family in August as well. Steve and his dad and brother built shelves in our garage and I ran in a few of the local races.
The fall brought the start of Tessa's final year of preschool. She loves it! And keeps telling me she never wants to leave preschool, haha. Fall also brought a new calling for me at church to work with the young women in our ward. We also hosted our first Thanksgiving dinner at our home.
Winter came quickly, but we have enjoyed it. Christmas was wonderful! It was nice to be close to family and enjoy decorating our new place and starting our own family traditions.

Can't begin to express how grateful I am for all the wonderful things our family was blessed with in 2010. It was a big year for us! We look forward to what 2011 has in store for us!!

3 comments:

Alesha said...

I totally love that picture silly...I hope you can keep up to once a month. :) I like to read even though I know your every move! lol

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

Such a stinkin cute family!!!

Katt said...

I'm glad you're back! And yes, your family is adorable! Love you guys!