Well, I did it! Ran my half marathon and have the t-shirt to prove it, haha!
It was really hard! Which surprised me because the weekend before I had run 10 miles and it felt great and, I'd almost say easy. But adding the 3.1 extra miles was a kicker! At mile 8 something in my bum felt like it snapped and it dropped me to the ground. What's more embarrassing is that while I was sitting there stretching it out (almost in tears because it made me so mad to think I might have to stop) a lady that was driving by, stopped on the side of the road and asked is I was ok or needed help, haha. So from there I ran/limped for the next mile and half until my bum went numb and then the last 3+miles were ok. Steve and the kids were at the end to meet me as were Kenny and Lacey, who had finished the race about 10 min before me. In all, I'm glad I did it and want to run another one with the hopes of it being a little easier.
Before you look at the pictures let me just excuse how horrible I look, but it's with good reason. and please excuse the big black circles under my eyes...not my best look, haha!
Me, Lacey and Kenny....the 3 that ran the race
pretending to enjoy the run, haha
Our little fam at the finish line
Acting tired and hurt.....though it wasn't really an act
13.1 We did it!!!


9 comments:
Wow! You are AWESOME! I really wish I had the guts to do something like that! Great job!
I am so proud of you! Really! And I love that on the side it says that Tess is excited to move home and see Koen! That is too cute.
WOW that is awesome! Good job! I ran the .1 part of the half marathon yesterday ha ha. Just kidding - I get migraines when I run so I gave up. I'm a dedicated walker and cheerleader now. When are you guys moving back here??
Way to go! You are my running hero!
GOOD FORE YOU!!!! That is awesome Lo!!!!!!
That is so awesome. We are so proud of you. Parker and I are jogging but we are only at 1.5 miles. Not quite up to your par yet.
You are amazing. I think it is sweet you did it. You motivate me to start running again!
That is awesome!
Who are you? Way to go friend! Your are awesome and congrats I just got the news about the little bundle! Wow, baby and a 1/2 mar. WAY TO GO YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY!!!!
Much love!
Post a Comment